Are Microwaves Safe? 7 Dangers of Microwaves in Your Kitchen
By: Julie Benson
Are microwaves dangerous? If you are concerned with microwave nutrition loss and additional effects microwaves may have on your health, then read on!
First of all, ladies and gentlemen, you are what you eat!
We are all aware of the wholesome effects clean eating and an abundance of fruits and veggies can have on our health and wellbeing.
But how does food prep effect nutrition? It is important to note that how you cook your food matters just as much as what you put in your body.
Our modern kitchens are filled with modern coveniences that make food prep, food cooking, and food re-heating a snap.
But, before you decide to cook or even reheat the natural food items you’ve worked so hard to prepare, consider the following questions first:
- Are microwaves safe?
- Are microwaves dangerous to your health?
- Is there such a thing as microwave nutrition loss?
The answer to these questions is important. After all, why spend money on quality produce and meats, only to kill all of their nutrients in the microwave?
Read below to learn why and how microwaves damage the nutrients in our food, thereby compromising our health and wellness in the long run.
1. Microwaves cause immune system deficiencies through alterations in the lymph glands and blood serum.
Dr. Hans Ulrich Hertel conducted the very first successful study¹ on microwave cooking and the effect it has on the blood. He scientifically concluded that microwaves alter nutrients in food, which in turn alters a person’s blood and causes deterioration in the human system.
2. Microwaves are a form of electromagnetic radiation. Long-term consumption of microwaved foods can lead to an increase in cancerous cells in human blood.
Read this post to learn more about the effects of electromagnetic radiation (also known as EMF or EMR) on the human body.
Download your free PDF; EMF Action Steps, to take easy steps to safeguard you and your family.
Remember, when using a microwave you are putting yourself and anyone else in the room with you at risk for exposure to EMF’s (Electromagnetic Fields).
Here’s why it’s important to stop using using the microwave, even if we are told they are safe to use.
3. Continually eating microwaved foods causes permanent brain damage, resulting in a loss of memory and concentration, emotional instability and a decrease in intelligence.
4. Microwaves damage hormones, which play a key role in our continued health and wellness.
- Male and female hormone production is shut down and/or altered by continually eating microwaved foods, which leads to the buildup of toxins in our bodies. Incorporating more raw foods into our diets is a great alternative!
Download your FREE book on The Top 10 Juice Cleanse Recipes
and you can begin to get your hormone production back on track!
Keep reading to learn how microwave by-products remain in the human body long term.
5. Minerals, vitamins and nutrients² in our food are not only reduced by microwaving, but are also altered into components that cannot be broken down by our bodys’ digestive system.
The human body is unable to metabolize the unknown by-products created by microwaving food, meaning that the human body starts to absorb altered, unnatural compounds which we cannot break down.
6. Microwaving food in plastic containers leaches chemicals from the plastic into the food, but also destroys the important nutrients in the food. Try these glass containers instead, and re-heat food in the oven.
7. Minerals in vegetables are altered into cancerous free radicals by microwaves. This is called the “microwave effect³.” An interesting item to note is that research scientists actually use microwaves to break cells apart in order to add in viruses, fungi, or any other microorganisms.
- It has also been discovered that microwaved foods can lead to stomach and intestinal cancerous growths. This may partially explain the rapid increase of the colon cancer rates in America.
Next time you need to cook or even re-heat your food, consider using your stove, oven or toaster oven as a healthy replacement. Instead of zapping the nutrition away, do yourself a favor and prioritize your health over the convenience of a few minutes. The dangers of microwaves simply aren’t worth the risk!
Feel free to comment below and tell us how you easily prepare your food without using a microwave.
For more information and extended research on why you should ditch the microwave, check out the links below.
- Search For Health/Sept.-Oct.’92/pgs.2-13/Tom Valentine. Acres, U.S.A./April’94. NEXUS Magazine/April-May’95
- Vallejo, F., FA Tomas Barberan, and C. Garcia-Vigueraiguera. “Phenolic compound contents in edible parts of broccoli inflorescences after domestic cooking.” Journal of the Science of the Food and Agriculture. N.p., 15 Oct. 2003. Web. 11 Jan. 2017. <http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1002/jsfa.1585/abstract>.
- Mercola, J. (2010, May 18). Why Did the Russians Ban an Appliance Found in 90% of American Homes? Retrieved January 9, 2017, from http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2010/05/18/microwave-hazards.aspx