Product Installation Options:
- Install (simply tape it in place) your shielding material behind the meter itself, if able.
- Install your shielding material on the wall behind your meter, inside your home/office, pictured on front.
- Enclose your meter with foil inside a wooden box (this will need to be built by you, pictured on front).
- Note: It is most important to get the material behind your meter. It makes no difference if it is outside or inside your home. Either way radiation is blocked from entering your home. You can always install additional shielding on the front of your meter if you wish.
- For a video demonstration please visit:
This Smart Meter Shielding Material** is a heavy duty radiant barrier sheet made up of a single layer of woven polyethylene material bonded to and sandwiched between two highly reflective aluminum surfaces. It is intended to serve as a barrier to electromagnetic fields emitted by devices such as smart meters to keep you and your family safe.
- Minimum Shielding Effectiveness (100MHz-10GHz)
- 85 dB (Solid)
- 67 dB (Perforated)
- Highly reflective radiant barrier surface
- Reflects 97% of Radiant Heat
- Thermal performance unaffected by moisture
- Durable and flexible woven polyethylene base
- Outstanding tear strength and puncture resistance
- Allows for a permanent bond of foil layers
- Increases sound attenuation for SCIF’s
*Please note, do to its effectiveness it will impact the ability of the device you shield to perform. For example, if you use the material to shield a wifi router it will render that router useless.
**This product can be installed with either side facing the smart meter. It will be effective either way.