There are so many supplements on the market! It can be overwhelming to know what is right for you. The short answer: without proper testing to know what is the root cause of thyroid disease it can be hard to know for sure, but the following recommendations will get you pointed in the right direction!
- Read your labels! Just like you read food labels make sure to read the ingredients of your supplements. Look at the “other ingredients.” If you see any of the following steer clear: titanium dioxide, sucralose, aspartame, flouride, carageenan, artificial colorings, or hydrogenated oils.
- Pick supplements that come from real food! Your body is smart. You can’t trick it with artificial ingredients.
My Top 4 Favorite Supplements for Thyroid Health are:
- TMI. This iodine/iodine supplement is AMAZING because it contains all the co-factors needed to absorb the proper forms of iodine. If you haven’t been tested for an autoimmune condition then only take 12.5 mcg of iodine at the most. This is important to avoid a “thyroid storm.”
- Revived Living Multi-vitamin. If you at an apple in 1950 you’d have to eat 5.5 apples to get the same nutrition today! We’ve depleted our soil levels so extensively that it is VITAL to take a multi-vitamin in order to bridge the gap between what we need and what we are getting from food. I’ve searched high and low for a quality multi-vitamin that contains vital minerals and nutrients for thyroid health. My biggest criteria is to only recommend two capsules per day. So many great multi-vitamins require more than that, which can be daunting to take on a daily basis.
- MoRs (Methylated B-vitamins). So many people suffering with thyroid problems need more ENERGY! MoRs provides quality B-vitamins in a bioavailable form in order to boost energy, cognitive support, hair and skin health, and overall mood support.
- Bone Broth Protein Powder. People dealing with health issues often times are suffering from digestive complaints. 95% of Americans have leaky gut, and the perfect remedy is bone broth! This protein powder is a great tasting, gluten free protein source that is perfect to add to shakes and smoothies! Feel free to make bone broth on your own and incorporate it into your diet daily in order to boost your digestive health.
Be sure to check out my article for proper thyroid health testing if you know you need better direction with picking the absolute best supplements for your body!