EMF: Keeping Your Family Safe From Electromagnetic Radiation
By: Libby Darnell
Too busy to read it all?
Listen to my EMF podcast interview and download (click below) your copy of my Top 10 EMF Action Steps.
This is PART TWO of a four part series on Electromagnetic Frequencies and how you can reduce your exposure!
Take some time and do an inventory of your home and ask yourself these questions:
- Do you use WIFI?
- Do you have a smart meter? (A wireless system of monitoring your home’s energy consumption).
- Do you have technology linked to your wifi? (Printers, refrigerators, thermostats?)
- Have you ever had your home’s wiring system tested? (Click HERE for testing information).
- Does your home have ground current coming in through water piping? Again, this is discovered by having your home tested.
- Do you work or live near a cell phone tower?
- Does your car have its own wifi source or “hot spot”?
- Do you or your children sleep near your cell phones at night?
- Are your children’s bedrooms near major electrical devices in your house (smart meters, circuit breakers, wifi routers, etc)?
If you answered yes to any of those questions, don’t freak out. This is all fixable.
Before we dive in on how to fix it, let’s look at some of the most common symptoms and health concerns associated with EMFs.
If you answered yes to the above questions, and you have some of the symptoms below then I’d make it a high priority in your life to start taking action on reducing your exposure to electromagnetic radiation.
Common electromagnetic frequency symptoms include, but are not limited to:
- Headaches (Mine were always on the left temple. My left temple has literally become my EMF detector).
- Sleep issues
- Blood sugar imbalances, despite lifestyle and medical intervention
- Behavioral changes
- Neurological symptoms (tingling, numbness, coordination issues)
- Fertility issues
- Chronic fatigue
- Tinnitus (ringing in the ears)
- Concentration problems
- Memory problems
- Heart palpitations (racing or irregular heartbeat)
- Immune system suppression
- Swelling of the face and neck
When I was going through my EMF crisis I had 8 of those symptoms, and probably more that I couldn’t feel.
Usually, we think of symptoms as a bad thing. No one enjoys headaches, but when it comes to EMF related symptoms I think of them as your body’s way of telling you there is a problem.
When I was going through my EMF struggles I literally thought I was going crazy. If I had not felt that way, I never would have taken action on reducing my exposures to EMFs.
I would have dealt with far worse health issues within a few years, not to mention I really would have gone through a complete mental breakdown. At one point I turned to my husband and told him that if I started hearing voices I wouldn’t be surprised.
I look back on that time as a blessing because it forced me to take MASSIVE action on healing.
Now, years later, I’ve had my first child and have learned what I need to do to make my home safe for my family. From pain to purpose!
Why are some people more electrically sensitive than others?
After my own experience and the experience of my clients, I believe that electrical sensitivity is increased with the presence of other health issues, particularly heavy metal toxicity and gut health issues.
Anytime we are exposed to something that lowers our immune system’s effectiveness, it will make us more susceptible to other health issues.
Due to my own EMF sensitivity, I had major adrenal fatigue. I was tired and wired! My digestive system was in chaos, even though I lived a healthy lifestyle.
For that reason, my journey on getting my health back wasn’t just focused on reducing my exposure to EMFs, but was a multifactorial approach that included heavy metal detoxification, fixing leaky gut issues, changing my diet, gently rebuilding my adrenal glands, making my home safe, and eliminating other exposures to environmental toxicity.
Need help on your own health journey? Let me help you!
Download my 7 Key (Doable) Steps to Ignite your Health and Happiness
and begin the journey to healing today.
This took years. I felt better quickly, but had I not taken the time to address every aspect of my health I never would have fully healed.
Please keep that in mind when it comes to your own health. There is no magic pill. It takes time to heal!
Stay tuned for PART THREE where I’ll discuss the most effective ways to make your home safe from EMF exposure!
- Heavy Cell Phone Use Can Quadruple Your Risk of Brain Cancer. (2015, January 6). Retrieved January 12, 2017, from http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2015/01/06/cell-phone-use-brain-cancer-risk.aspx
- Milham, S. (2010). Dirty electricity: electrification and the diseases of civilization. New York: IUniverse Inc.
- Stetzer Electric, Inc. (n.d.). Retrieved January 12, 2017, from http://www.stetzerelectric.com/category/research/
- Smart Meters. (n.d.). Retrieved January 12, 2017, from http://emfsafetynetwork.org/smart-meters/
- EMF Meters. (n.d.). Retrieved January 12, 2017, from http://www.lessemf.com/index.html
- Research and References. (2016, June 06). Retrieved January 12, 2017, from https://flutterbusters.com/research-and-references/