This body butter takes a little longer to make, but is so darn worth it! I make a few jars at a time and use them as gifts for friends and family throughout the year. Try using different essential oils and find what you like best! I prefer citrus scents because they are energizing and promote happiness! If you use body butter on your little ones before bed, stick to scents like lavender and rose.
- 1/2 cup shea butter
- 1/2 cup cocoa butter
- 1/2 cup jojoba oil
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 30 drops essential oil of choice (Citrus is my favorite!)
- Combine all ingredients (except essential oil) in a glass bowl over a pan of water, or a double boiler
- Gently heat until melted
- Remove from heat and allow to cool for five minutes
- Add essential oil
- Place in refrigerator for one hour
- Whip with hand mixer or kitchen mixer until fluffy, approximately 5-10 minutes
- Store in covered glass jars
- Use as you would traditional body lotion
Note: Will melt in room temperatures above 75 degrees. This will change the body butter’s consistency, but does not change it’s effectiveness!